Thanks for visiting my speaking page! As you read you’ll find out what you can expect of me as a speaker, more about me, my speaking topics, what people are saying about me, and how to reach me to discuss your speaking needs.
What You Can Expect
If you hire me to speak at your event, here is what you can expect:
- Prompt, professional response to your phone calls and email messages.
- A personal consultation (phone or video conference) prior to your event, so I can better understand how I can best serve you and your audience.
- An announcement about your event on my blog and social media channels. (Assuming your event is open to the public and you want additional visibility for it.)
- A professionally prepared, engaging presentation focused on achieving the desired outcomes you want with your audience.
- A custom resource page, exclusively created for your attendees. It will include the slides I used in the presentation, along with links to other relevant and helpful resources.
- A quick follow-up communication after the event to make sure your expectations were met. (I also want to know how you think I can improve.)
More About Me
I started my journey as a small business owner 20+ years ago in the construction industry. I built a company with an ever growing team and sales in excess of $2 million. We were rocking and rolling and I was working 70+ hours to keep up, but hey, that’s what you do right? Living the American Dream!
The more we grew the more my business owned me. I began to resent the thing I had created. It was crushing me and my family. In 2009, the financial struggles exploded and my marriage was crumbling before my eyes. At my lowest point, I walked into the office to an IRS agent sitting at my desk. She had come to collect… and I had nothing to give.
That was the moment I drew a line in the sand. Something HAD to change fast.
I sought council in every resource I could find and afford. I discovered that every frustration I was facing in my life was a result of my own decisions. The root of all my problems was me. I wanted financial success and a great marriage, but I had no plan to get there.
I decided that I would not accept success in most parts of my life. Slowly, I created a plan to make all areas of my life successful. I went from having a terrible marriage, being highly stressed and deep in debt… to having a wonderful marriage, nearly no stress, and completely debt free.
Today I live my life on purpose and fully alive! It is my mission to help as many people as I can reach accomplish the same thing in their lives.
I am the author of Strategic Success Academy and The Power of Purpose. Both courses are designed to lead people through the process of realizing and achieving their full potential, both personally and professionally. I am a Business Coach that helps guide small business owners and entrepreneurs through the challenges of building a business and keeping a healthy family.
I primarily speak on topics related to business leadership and the challenges it presents in our personal lives. I believe that a healthy family life is essential to growing a successful business.
I also speak about the nitty-gritty of running a small business. Here are the areas I most commonly address:
- Financial. I have hit rock bottom and made it back to tell the story. I love inspiring business owners to gain control of their cash flow and achieve financial freedom. I believe that the best way to run a business is debt-free, and I lay out exactly how I have achieved that in my own businesses.
- Team/Company Culture. Building an effective culture can change everything. I explain how to become more cohesive as a team and communicate more effectively. I am certified in administering the Gallup Strengths Finder and DISC personality assessments. These assessments provide extraordinary insight into company dynamics and are a fun exercise to complete with your team.
- Leadership. Leading a team is tough work and it can be lonely at the top. I guide like-minded leaders through motivational topics that will inspire and recharge. In addition, I facilitate mastermind groups and small forums where leaders can share ideas and tactics to grow professionally.
- Business Operations. I have 20+ years of experience running a small business and love to talk about all the finer points of making it work. From hiring and firing, to budgeting, to customer service… I cover it all. My background is in a service based industry and I align well with other small business owners doing the same.
What Other Are Saying
We all have goals, but I don’t know that I truly believed I could acheive the goals. Listening to David increased my faith that I could succeed in business.Clint Watson
Owner, Creed Fitness
He taught me what to do with hiring, what to do with our people. He taught me how our guys think and how I thinkMichael Ware
Owner, Ware Landscaping
He is going to challenge you and he is going to bring out the best in you.Rocky Smith
Owner, Rock Solid Inspections
Helping me figure out myself first, before getting into the business was huge.Ashley Ware
David is someone who has been in the trenches. He knows how to connect and how to relate to where I am at. He believes in what he teaches.Brandon Harper